ERC 10th anniversary
It is time for us to celebrate our ERC grant holders!
March 16, 2017
Back in 2007, the European Commission established the European Research Council with the mission to encourage excellent frontier research in Europe through competitive funding, supporting top researchers across all fields and of any nationality.
This week the European Research Council will mark its 10th anniversary, an important milestone in making Europe a global centre of excellence in research.
This has prompted us to ask our grant holders one question per day around their ERC grants.
- (1) Monday: What is your project about?
- (2) Tuesday: What does European research mean for you?
- (3) Wednesday: What is your advice for young researchers?
- (4) Thursday: How did you feel when you won the grant?
- (5) Friday: Why did you become a researcher?